The Journey Into the Unknown: Part 8

THIS IS IT.
THIS IS THE END.
THE END OF THE JOURNEY.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN???
Read on and find out, my stubborn readers who will not follow me regardless of my wheedling. 
---------
                                                                           PART 8
           The king stepped down from his rug throne and walked toward Firespark.  “If there was ever a doubt in your mind, just look at your scales,” he said with a smile. 
            “Huh?” Firespark asked, confused. 
            “Did you ever notice the jewels set in your scales?  And the big one set in your forehead?” questioned the queen.
            Firespark looked down at his chest.  “Yeah, I’ve had those forever.  Why?”
            “Now, have you ever seen any other dragon with those jewels?”
            Lilly jumped up and down.  “I’ve never seen any dragon with sparkly jewels like his!”
            “That,” said the king confidentially, “is the sign of royal blood.  No other dragons except those in the king’s line will have the gems.”
            “Oh.  Wow.  So I’m......you’re my parents and I’m royal?”  Firespark seemed hesitant to believe the news.
            “Yep you are,” said the old fairy.  “And the prince to boot.”
            “Wow,” said Firespark in a small voice.  “So.....why did you leave me in the Fairy Kingdom?”
            The queen left her rug throne to come stand by her husband.  “Well, there’s a tradition among dragons, that the new prince or princess would prove that they were the real thing.  The king and queen would fly the new baby over to the Fairy Kingdom, where he or she would be raised.  Then, when the fairy queen thought the dragon was ready, she sent him on a journey to find his parents.  If the heir to the throne was not an imposter, they would be able to find Dragon Island.  Then there was a big celebration.  Which reminds me,” finished the queen, looking at the king.  “Please send a message to the kitchen and tell them to prepare the banquet.”
            “Okay,” said the king.  He trundled off to a guard to tell him the news.
            The queen turned back to Firespark.  “The prince or princess would usually acquire a fairy advisor in the Fairy Kingdom.  Just like Lilly is to you, the fairy would be best friends with the heir, and would travel to Dragon Island and stay with him or her.”
            “Just like I am to your pops,” squeaked the old fairy.  “Which reminds me, you don’t know the king and queen’s names.”
            “Oh!  I guess I don’t,” said Firespark.
            “Well, your mom’s Ruby, and your dad’s Flame.  And I’m Bud, like the bud of a flower.”
            “Nice to meet you, Bud,” Firespark said. 
            “I was there when you were born, sonny,” said Bud.  “You screamed your head off.  But I don’t remember you, dear,” she said to Lilly.  “Who’s your mamma?”
            The two fairies went off to talk about ancestors.  Firespark was left alone with Queen Ruby.  He stared at the ground.  Suddenly, he felt an arm around his shoulders.  He looked up.  Ruby looked down kindly at him.  “I know it’s a lot to take in,” she said quietly.  He nodded.
            “Why don’t you take a tour of the castle?” she asked.  “After all, you will be the next king.”
            Firespark smiled.  “That sounds great.”
*****************
            Firespark toured the castle until dinner time.  The celebration was bigger than he expected—the entire island was invited!!!  They all spread out over the castle grounds.  Some magic had to be used, but eventually, everyone got exactly what they wanted to eat.  Firespark shook more hands than he could count.  There were dragons, dragons, and more dragons from all corners of the island.  Each dragon matched a habitat—there were ice dragons, forest dragons, fire dragons, water dragons, lightning dragons, earth dragons, and many more.  Firespark greeted as many of them as he could, but time ran out eventually.  Around midnight, the celebration ended.
            “Whew,” said Firespark, collapsing onto a rug.  “That was amazing.”
            “I’m going to sleep well tonight,” mumbled Lilly from his shoulder.
            “Come on you two,” urged Ruby.  “Let’s go to bed.  Firespark, can you find your way there from here?”
            “I think so,” replied Firespark.  “Lilly, your room is right next to mine!  And it’s fairy-sized too.”
            “Goodie-goodie.  Hurry up and get a move on, I’m tired,” said Lilly.
            “See you in the morning, dears,” Ruby said.  “If you need anything, just pull the cord beside your bed.”
            “Okay, good night!”  Lilly waved at Ruby as Firespark left the courtyard.  They were both silent.
            “Well, we made it,” said Lilly quietly. 
            “I know,” replied Firespark.  “Doesn't seem real, does it?”
            “Nope.  I’ll wake up tomorrow and be like, ‘Ah!  How did I get here in this nice bed?’”  They laughed.  Firespark stopped by a door.  “We’re here.  This is your room.”  Lilly flew off of his shoulder down to a much smaller, fairy-sized door.  “This looks perfect!!”
            “Well, I guess I’ll see you in the morning,” said Firespark.
            “Okay,” Lilly replied.  “Good night.  And Firespark?”
            “Yes?”  He paused, his door half open.
            “I’m glad I came with you,” said Lilly.
            “I am too,” he said quietly.  “Good night.”
            And they both entered their rooms, lay down, and fell fast asleep.
                                                                      THE END
---------
THE END!!!!
YAY!!!!!!
Do you think I should do a sequel?  Huh?  Do ya?
What did you think of it?
COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS, SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS, AND FOLLOW ME.
PLEASE
PLEASE 
PLEASE
History of Fantasia coming soon!!!
~~Zoë Wingfeather

No comments:

Post a Comment