Christmas: Day 7

~ ~ On the seventh day of christmas my true love gave to me seven swans a-swimming, six geese a-laying, five golden rings, four colly birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree. ~ ~


     I released those fowl into the wild NYC park too. I was done with birds. My love meant the world to me, but I couldn’t take seven more birds. I knew the swans would enjoy swimming through the NYC ponds much more than they’d like staying in my now-cramped apartment. Money was getting tight, even after only a week of having birds, and I began to buy Ramen noodles for most of my meals. It was just like college. Except I owned ten birds, my love was away, and I had fresh goose eggs. I just hoped the pear tree began bearing fruit soon.
---------
Exhibit A: I run out of material yet again
~~Zoë Wingfeather

No comments:

Post a Comment