Christmas: Day 6

~ ~ On the sixth day of christmas my true love gave to me six geese a-laying, five golden rings, four colly birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree. ~ ~


     I let out a deep sigh when the six geese turned up on my doorstep. Their wooden crate smelled terrible from the squashed eggs lying about. I missed my love, and I appreciated him, but this was simply too much. Under the cover of night, I took the geese to one of New York City’s parks and released them. They waddled to a bush and promptly settled down. Sighing again, this time in relief, I backed up, then paused. The geese were laying eggs, and were clearly not wild--they didn’t mind a bit if I came up to them and stroked their backs. They would probably stay here. I wondered if I could gather and sell the eggs. After all, my french hens were providing more than enough eggs for me alone. Selling eggs would provide extra income to help pay for the bird seed for my other birds. I snapped my fingers. One of the geese honked. It was perfect. I rubbed the ring on my finger, smiling as I thought of my love. I hoped he’d come home soon. I missed the weirdo. And I had a few questions for him.
---------
Well, Happy New Year! It's January 1st, 2018, and that's kind of a big deal. My prediction is that a lot of things are gonna happen this year. *finger guns*
I know, I'm practically an oracle. Anyways. Two posts today, because I didn't post yesterday. Aren't you guys lucky.
Don't eat too much today, and I wish you luck on all your New Year's Resolutions™!!
~~Zoë Wingfeather

No comments:

Post a Comment