Death by Sprinkles

WHALE HAY THERE EVERYONE I'M BACK
WITH A SHORT STORY
ABOUT SECRET AGENTS
AND DONUTS



*insert Men In Black theme song*
Yeah, crazy combination, right?  Well, it's crazy alright.  The idea came from a typo I made today, when I wrote "a crap ton of sprinkles" instead of "a crap ton of school."  I told my friend (friend???? idk????) Ben about it, and he inspired me (thx Ben) to write this thing.  I haven't told him that I wrote it, though.  Cause why not.  Surprises are fun.
He did a quick summary of the climax of what I created into a story!!  All I had to do was create a plot and bam, instant story.  Like instant donuts.  But a story.
*knee slap*
*pained laughter*
Soooooooo anyways.  Enough terrible commentary and inserted actions.  Let's read, shall we?
---------
“Hey!”
The call echoed throughout the empty factory.  I held my breath and wait for a reply.  None came.  Not that I expected one.
“Over here!”  The voice seemed to come from my left.  I quickly turned down an aisle, searching for the source.  That was always Agent Orange’s downfall--she could never resist a good game of hide and seek.  Well, the stakes have now been raised for this game.  It’s her life or mine.
My gun at the ready, I stealthily crept through the rows of abandoned machinery.  It was slightly unsettling.  Every shadow could have contained my sworn enemy.
There were crumbs everywhere, due to the fact that we were in an abandoned donut factory.  There were even a few donuts here and there.  I love donuts.  Ironic that I could die surrounded in them.
“Yoo hoo!  Oh Agent Quill!  I’m right here!”
My head whipped back as I looked up to the rafters.  I mentally slapped myself.  The athletic agent would have most certainly gone there first.  I saw a flash of her curly reddish-orange hair from above a metal beam.  I cursed.
“Language!” she scolded playfully, then fired a shot in my direction.  I dove under a conveyor belt as small pieces of concrete exploded around me.  Cursing again, I rolled under a table, back to the floor.  
I decided to risk a peek after a few seconds of silence.  Agent Orange was looking down at me from the rafters.  In a split second, I fired at her head and ducked back under my shield.  She cursed this time.  “What was that about language?” I yelled.
“Shut up!”  
A zipping noise ensued.  I recognized it as the sound of the instant zipline that all agents carry.  Of course Agent Orange would have hers!  I assumed she was coming down from the rafters.  Rolling out from under the table again, I stood up and aimed my gun.  
She was nowhere in sight.  
“Why, woman, just why,” I ground my teeth.
“For fun,” she said from behind me.  I swiveled, my gun aimed at her head.  
She giggled at me as if I were a child.  “But the fun’s not over yet!  You don’t even have a good reason to kill me, silly Quill.”
“Wrong.”  I steadied my gun, her flaming hair a perfect target.  “You stole information from our organization.  You sold it to our enemies.  You betrayed your friends!”
She rolled her eyes.  “It’s not such a big deal, you know.”
I couldn’t contain myself any longer.  “Liar!” I yelled, firing.  She ducked just in time and zipped away, cackling.  I swore loudly as her laughter echoed through the empty factory.  Anyone!  Anyone could have betrayed us, and it had to have been her.  
Agent Orange hopped onto one of the conveyor belts and ran, scattering packing peanuts and boxes to the floor.  I grabbed onto a rail and swung myself over it, dashing along the elevated walkway.  Trying to catch up to that mad woman was a chore.  
She ran.  I ran.  She launched her grappling hook up to a rafter and swung up to the walkway in front of me.  I began to think she was crazy.  Why wasn’t she killing me already?
Up ahead the walkway stopped abruptly and split into two opposite directions.  There was a ledge where the one we were on ended.  I looked upward as I dashed.  An idea began to form as I noted the large rafter above the ledge.  Acting quickly, I shot my grappling hook from its gun.  It grabbed onto the rafter.  I put on an extra burst of speed and jumped.
I swung forward, powered by my momentum.  Agent Orange looked behind her, laughing--then the look on her face froze.  
I yelled aloud.  
My feet connected with her back.
Agent Orange screamed as she tumbled over the edge.
There was an odd crunching and crumbling sound from below me as I swung over the ledge myself, holding onto my grappling line.  As I flew, I accidently kicked a lever on the edge I hadn’t noticed.  I looked down.
There was a massive vat of sprinkles below me.  
That's a crap ton of sprinkles, I thought.
Agent Orange had landed straight in the center.
She began to laugh.
I began to worry as the momentum carried me back to the ledge.  This wasn't supposed to happen.  I pulled up my legs and landed on the walkway, dropping to the metal floor with a clang.  Running to the edge, I pulled out my gun and aimed at Agent Orange.  
Suddenly, a grinding sound rang out into the empty factory.  
Both of us were silent.  Then, very slowly, the sprinkles started to spiral downwards.  I looked down.  They were being sucked down a small tube that might have distributed the sprinkles onto the donuts as they traveled along the conveyor belt.  I winced.
Panic was written all over Agent Orange’s face as she realized her fate.  “Help!” she screamed.  
I felt a very small amount of remorse at not helping her, but that’s normal when killing on the field.
The sprinkles began to spiral faster, creating a whirlpool.  Agent Orange screamed.  Slowly at first, then gradually quicker, she was dragged down until all I could see was the tips of her outstretched fingertips.  Soon those disappeared too.
I waited.  Finally, her screams ceased.  I flipped the lever and retracted my grappling hook.  Swiveling on my heel, I left the donut factory.
Another job well done.
----------
Aw yisssss.
Death by sprinkles.  Cool, huh?
I literally whipped this up as quickly as I possibly could due to deadlines and bedtimes, so I'm sure it's sloppy and could use work.  Tell me what you think, though.  Maybe I'll go back and edit it tomorrow.
Please comment!
See you (hopefully) soon!
~~zoë wingfeather

No comments:

Post a Comment