The Journey Into the Unknown: Part 1

YAY SOME OF MY OWN STORY!!!!!!!
This is some of the short story I had to write for school.  I'll just post it in sections (it's 17 pages long), just so you know.  :)
---------
                                                                      PART 1
            Lilly flew through the forest, giggling quietly.  She was playing hide-and-seek with her friends.  She dodged trees, darted under roots, and finally came to rest behind a large tree.  Lilly sank down to her knees, exhausted after flying so far.
            “They’ll never find me here,” she whispered to herself.  Lilly was only three years old, but that was nearly mature for a forest fairy.  Her tiny dress was made out of enchanted lilies.  She had freckles, platinum blond hair, and electric blue eyes.  She was only 4 inches tall, but she would grow a few more inches before she reached her final height. 
            Lilly lived in the Fairy Kingdom, which was inside the Enchanted Forest, located in the Europe province of Fantasia.  Fantasia is a land in a universe accessible from Earth where all magical creatures of all countries live, though some choose to make their abode on Earth, in disguise.  Lilly, however, was not one of those.
            She smoothed her dress and laughed.  “Wait ‘till Mya and Blossom hear how far I went!  I bet neither of them have been this far out of the Fairy Kingdom.”  She examined her surroundings.
            Lilly was in a ring of giant trees.  Moss grew in between the trees and formed a soft carpet under her feet.  A breeze created ripples on a small pond full of lilies.  She held her breath.  She could almost taste the magic.
            Look, she thought to herself, there’s so much magic here, even that giant orange flower appears to be breathing.  And.......smoking?  Wait a second!  She flew over to the giant orange “flower” to investigate.  Another puff of smoke went up from the strange plant.  Startled, Lilly quickly flew behind a tree.
            No noise came from the flower.  She peeked out from behind the tree.  Wait!  That’s not a flower!  That’s a......dragon!!   Lilly was slightly frightened.  She was braver than most fairies, but a dragon?  In the forest?  She took another look.
            The sleeping dragon was smaller than she’d expected a dragon to be.  She figured it must be a baby.  It was bright orange, but as its side rose and fell, red tints appeared and disappeared along its scales.  A large orange gemstone was set in its forehead, and smaller jewels decorated its scales at regular intervals.  A leathery brownish-orange wing rested on its side.  Lilly guessed that the other one was beneath it.  The dragon stirred in its sleep.  Lilly jumped.  Maybe I should go tell Queen Titiana about it, she thought.  After all, if I was queen, I’d want to know if there was a dragon in my forest.   Her decision made, she flew off back toward the Fairy Kingdom.
*****************
            “You say you found a dragon?” Queen Titiana asked.  Lilly nodded.  “It’s in the forest, in a little ring of trees.  I saw it!” 
            Titiana sat back in her throne.  “Well!  It’s about time.  I was wondering when he’d show up.  Oak!  Roan!”  Two fairy guards stepped toward the throne.  “Go find the ring of trees and bring the dragon back to the palace.”  The two soldiers left the throne room.
            The queen looked at Lilly.  “Now what were you doing so far from home, little lady?” 
            Lilly hung her head.  “I was playing hide-and-seek.” 
            “Lilly.”  Queen Titiana leaned forward.  “You know you’re not supposed to be so far out in the forest.  My brother and his wife would never forgive me if you got lost!  You’re niece to the queen.  I would expect behavior more fitting of one with noble blood.”  Lilly’s eyes filled with tears.
            “Come here, dear,” Titiana said as she opened her arms.  Lilly ran to her aunt and jumped in her lap.  Titiana hugged her.  “It’s all right.  All is forgiven.  However, I look forward to seeing you play hide-and-seek nearer to the palace next time.”  Lilly nodded.  “I promise I’ll stay close.”
            “Would you like to know a secret?” the queen whispered.  Lilly wiped her eyes and nodded again.  “You have made a very special and important discovery, my dear niece.  We’ve been expecting this baby dragon for a while now.  In fact, I think you deserve a cookie for your find.  Go ask Cook for one of your favorite ones.  I believe she’s baking some right now.” 

            Lilly smiled and kissed her aunt.  “Thank you,” she said, and ran off to the kitchen.
---------
Well, there you go!  Part 1 down.  Please comment what you think, I NEED FEEDBACK!!!!!!!  Please.  :)  I really want to be an author when I grow up.  And I need to know how good I am.  Please tell all your fantasy-luvin' friends about my blog/story.  More to come!!!
~~Zoë Wingfeather

No comments:

Post a Comment