Christmas: Day 11

~ ~ On the eleventh day of christmas my true love gave to me eleven pipers piping, ten lords a-leaping, nine ladies dancing, eight maids a-milking, seven swans a-swimming, six geese a-laying, five golden rings, four colly birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree. ~ ~


     At this point, I had come to expect a letter from my love. When I arrived home from work, I fed all my birds, doing my best to call them by name, and then read my letter. All that it held was a short sentence-- “Meet me in your favorite NYC park tomorrow at 5 pm.” It was signed by my love and, strangely enough, “11 + 12.” I’d noticed the gifts had increased by one each day, so I supposed that meant I would receive a total of 23 gifts tomorrow. To be honest, I was slightly scared about what the gifts would be. Hopefully not people again. I was, however, very excited to see my love. I never knew when he’d be coming home, and I was delighted at the notification. I felt butterflies whirling in my midsection, and I tried my best to quiet them. It had been so long since I’d seen him last--months, in fact. Minerva squawked. I threw a blanket over the french hens’ crate. I couldn’t wait to see my love. I hardly slept in my excitement.
---------
*insert sneaky fingers* the conclusion comes tomorrow so yay
Stay tuned for more as we finish this mini series with a shebang on a Saturday!
~~Zoë Wingfeather

No comments:

Post a Comment