Things I love about you

Hello everypeeps.  Today has been a bit of a rollercoaster for me, so I'm terribly sorry that there's no happy intro.  You know, these intros are kinda like the intros that YouTubers do, but this one isn't bubbly.  Welcome to life :^)
Anyways, I don't really like this story at all.  I had a thing in my mind, and I tried to write it, and the voices were like "lol nope, this will not work for you."  Therefore, it did not work for me.  I was listening to some ambiance music while I wrote it, and also had just gotten my eyes dilated so it looked like I was writing it through a haze of tears (which didn't help), and I was tired, and stuff.  So yeah.  I don't like it.  I decided to post it anyways.


---------
“For some reason, I’m attracted to you.”  She fiddled with her hands, not knowing where to place them.  “I don’t know why.  Maybe it’s the way your eyes catch the light.  Maybe it’s the way you look at me.  Maybe it’s how your cheeks scrunch up under your eyes when you smile, or it could be how you stand, or that way you look at me out of the corners of your eyes to see if I’ve gotten your jokes, or…”  Trailing off, she blushed and looked downward.  “I don’t know.”
He grabbed her hands, taking them in his own, and she looked up in surprise.  “I’m attracted to you too,” he said, smiling faintly.  He gazed into her eyes and sky blue met mossy green.  “Maybe it’s the way you toss your hair over your shoulder when you look back at me.  Or it could be the way your chest gently rises and falls when you’re tired.  Or maybe it’s the way I can see forests in your eyes, or those times when you smile with your tongue in between your teeth.  There are so many small things I love about you I just can’t pick what’s my favorite.”
“I love it when we get coffee together,” she giggled.  “And you always burn your tongue, every time!”
“I do!” he laughed along.  “We always get the same drinks.”
“A caramel frappuccino and a hot cocoa,” she nodded.  “No matter the weather.”
“We should go more often.”
“We should.”
There was momentary silence.
“I love how we’re so different,” he said.  “You drag me places, you want to go explore, you want to try new things.”  He stood and lifted her up, then tightened his hold on her hands and spun around in circles with her.  
Hair flying outward, she threw back her head and laughed long and loud.  “Yes, and you’re always just the opposite!  You just want to stay home and watch movies and listen to music and be a bum!”
“I’m not a bum!”  Suddenly he pulled her out of the merry-go-round spin and drew her close to himself.  “I just like to take life slow and soft.”
She wrapped her arms around him and put her head to his chest, feeling the beat of his heart.  “I like to take it slow too, just not as often.”
The embrace continued, each simply holding the other.  Smiling to himself, he inhaled the scent of her hair.  She smelled his cologne and slowly closed her eyes, memories flooding her mind.
Newly discovered love fueled a fire burning in their chests.  They felt secure.  They felt as if the world had stopped.  All that mattered was the love they shared, and it was worth it.
“I think it’s time to make some more memories,” he murmured.  
“Me too,” she said softly.
“There’s a new restaurant on the corner.  Wanna try it out?”
“I’m always up for a challenge.”  They smiled at each other, then she grabbed his hand and skipped forward.  He laughed as he ran to catch up, and they walked off together, another new couple ready to take on the world.
---------
Yaaayyyy *cue fake enthusiasm*
See?  It's eh.  I was going for cute and emotional and coffee shop aesthetic, but it turned out bleh.



C'est la vie, I suppose.
Hopefully next time I'll have something more interesting and less depressing.  :^)
I love you all and see you soon :)
~~zoë wingfeather

No comments:

Post a Comment