The quest for the shiny

OKAY SO THIS POST IS VERY IMPORTANT
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY?????
OF COURSE YOU DO
IT'S BECAUSE THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!!!!!!!!
*cue balloons, confetti, and candy falling from the sky*



*insert more celebrating gifs*
Anyway, so as you can see, it's pretty important and cool.  I think I've been working on this blog for what, like two years?  Three?  Something like that.  In between two and three, if I'm right.
*unrolls long parchment and adjusts glasses* I'd like to thank you all for thinking I'm worth following, for commenting on my posts sometimes, and for being overall encouraging.  :)  It means a whole lot to me that you guys take some of your time to read my stuff.  It really makes it worth working on.  :) :D
Well, without further ado, here's the next short story in my installments of…uh…short stories.  :P  
(P.S.--if you like the Warrior Cats series, you'll like this)


---------
“Y’know…that’s not what an apology sounds like.”
“Bite me.”
Darksplash pounced on his little brother.  “Mum said to apologize properly!”
“Well I can’t when you’re on top of me!” Greymoon snuffled, Darksplash’s fur covering his mouth.
“Fine.”  Pulling himself off of Greymoon, Darksplash sat patiently and waited for his brother to get out of the snow and shake off the icy flakes.  The two wolves certainly made a sight, and even a few yards away some of the Old Ones looked on with a bit of laughter in their eyes.  Darksplash sat up taller, puffing out his dark grey chest to seem bigger.  The splash of white fur in between his front legs was accented by the sunlight.
After deciding he was sufficiently ridded of the snow, Greymoon looked his brother in the eyes.  “I’m sorry for…taking your shiny…and your token stick,” he mumbled.
Satisfied, Darksplash pounced on his brother again.  “Good, you outrageous thief,” he said playfully, nipping at Greymoon’s ear.  “Now you have to help me find my shiny.  You know that’s special, it means I’m almost a Full-Grown!”
“You have two whole moons to go, stupid,” Greymoon grunted, and knocked his brother’s head to the side with a paw.  “Come on, I know where I hid it.  It should be there still, unless a magpie stole it.”
“If one did, I’d kill it!”  Rolling over, Darksplash kicked at the snow and jumped in the air.  The sunlight reflected off the silvery-white flakes as they fell to the ground.  “And then I’d kill you for letting it get stolen.”  He shot his brother a sly look.
Greymoon, six moons younger than his older brother, looked scared for a moment.  “You wouldn’t…oh shut it!” he snapped as he realized Darksplash was joking.  “Mum, we’re going to get Darksplash’s shiny!”
“Okay!” the voice of an older female wolf called.  “Be careful and don’t let anything get you!”
“We won’t!” Darksplash answered for his brother.  The pair dashed off through the snow.
Greymoon led the way, to Darksplash’s annoyance.  He liked to lead.  Eyrewhisp, his mother, often said that he would become the pack leader after his father.  He liked to think of that.
Wandering along, deep in thought, Darksplash didn’t realize his brother had hopped into a tree.  Stifling a giggle, Greymoon wiggled a branch.  A hunk of snow fell down and conked Darksplash on the head.  
“Hey!” he barked, shaking the snow off his back.  “What--Greymoon!  What are you doing up there?”
“Getting your shiny, of course!”  Greymoon reached into a hole in the tree, once an owl’s nest but now long deserted.  He pawed around, searching for a small object.  “Ahah!  Here it is.  It wasn’t taken by a magpie!”  Secretly relieved, he brought out a shiny nugget of silver cupped in his paw.  “Catch!”
Darksplash huffed at his brother’s recklessness and let the nugget fall to the snow.  Slightly panicked when it was out of his sight, he dug for the shiny.  Snow poofed behind him to fall in a small pile.
“Whew,” he whispered as he rediscovered the nugget.  Grabbing it gently in his jaws, he turned to go back to the camp.
“Wait for me!”  Greymoon scrambled down from the tree.  Darksplash had to admit that his little brother was very adept when it came to trees.  Greymoon slipped and landed face-first in the snow, then popped up just as quickly.  “Okay, now we can go,” he puffed.
Rolling his eyes, Darksplash swiped at his brother.  Anticipating the move, Greymoon ducked, and the two raced all the way back home.
---------
Tada!
Behold, another first--the first time I've written from an animal standpoint.  Well, at least unless you count my Firespark and Lilly short story (okay, so it's like 17 pages, but it still qualifies as short).
What did ya think?  (personally want to write more adventures for these two rascals lol, more to add to my "want to write more" list xD)
See you guys soon!  I'm praying for all the finals going on during this week and/or the next!  <3



~~zoë wingfeather :P

No comments:

Post a Comment