Let's steal a pyramid

Hi everyone!  I'm back with a short story that hopefully won't break your heart this time!!  :D
Haha, just kidding.  I purposefully made it ridiculous and funny, so you shouldn't cry this time.  I borrowed some names from Ninjago and got some ideas from Despicable Me, National Treasure, and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  So this is a melting, mixing pot of awesomeness!!!
Hope you enjoy it!
The dialogue prompt I used was in a larger picture that I'll be using for more shorties, so here's just the one I used:

"Who wouldn't be angry?  You ate all my cereal
and faked your death for three years!"

---------
“You’re angry, aren’t you?”
“Are you kidding me?  Who wouldn’t be angry?!  You ate all of my cereal and faked your death for three years!  I have a right to be angry!”  
He pursed his lips.  I pressed on.  “On top of that, you also took like five hundred dollars from my wallet.  And clogged the toilet before you left.”
“I had forgotten about that,” he trailed off.  
I wasn’t finished.  “Not to mention just ‘showing up’ on my doorstep after that part where you faked your death and asking me to come with you to steal a great pyramid.  Zack, we’re literally stealing Giza pyramid.  Or, we were.  Now we’re getting arrested.”  The sirens wailed.  My hands hurt from raising them in the air for so long.  I wondered when they’d just come and handcuff us for goodness’ sake.
Finally a cop stepped out of a car, a gun held shakily toward us.  “Put--Put your hands in the air!”
My old roommate and I shared a look.  “They are in the air,” Zack said, his voice sarcastic as always.
“Yeah,” I added, making my voice match his.  “Come on, dummy.  Can’t you see that?”
The cop, obviously a new recruit, shook even more.  “Don’t insult a man of the law!” he yelled.  Other cops began to step out of the cars, their weapons also raised.  There were even helicopters above us.  The whole place was lit up with flashing lights.
Zack grinned at me.  I grinned as well.  “I think it’s time to get outta here,” he said.  
I nodded.  “Me too.  Beam me up, Scotty!”
Slowly, Zack brought his hands together in the air.  Several police officers yelled at him.  “Hey!  Don’t move!”  
Winking like the daredevil he was, Zack clapped his hands.  The officers flinched and pointed their weapons at us threateningly.  “Okay Z,” I whispered from the side of my mouth.  “Enough with the theatrics.  Let’s go.”
Shutting my eyes, I waited for the terrible sense of vertigo which followed instantly after my friend pressed a button on his watch.  The nausea hit again, but my throat was compressed and I couldn’t throw up.  I felt bile rise in my mouth.  
Thankfully, it was over in about a minute.  I blinked a few times, rubbing my eyes.  “Ugh.  You’ve gotta figure out a way to make that quicker.”
“Sorry bro,” Zack said from where he was bent over the ground.  “Technology can only advance so fast.”  He was poking something.  I went over to look at it.
It was a very small pyramid.  
“No…way…” I whispered.  
Smirking, my roommate nodded.  “Yes way.  It finished shrinking as soon as we hitchhiked on the lightstreak here.  We, my friend, have just stolen the Pyramid of Khufu.”
I hadn’t seen which pyramid Zack hit with the shrink ray because the cops had chosen that moment to show up.  However, as a history major, I knew which pyramid he was talking about.  “That’s the biggest one!” I gasped.
“Sure is,” Zack beamed.  “Kai, we’re going to be famous!”
“Awesome!” I exclaimed.  “Now can you buy me some more cereal and get me home?  I’m done adventuring for now.”
My roommate turned to look at me with a smile I knew all too well.  “No, no Zack.  No no no,” I protested.  “Please.  I want to go home.  I’m hungry.  I need sleep.  I’ve got an assignment due tomorrow.  Please no.”
“Oh come on, just this once?”
“You literally showed up at my door after disappearing for three years.  Everybody thought that you’d been run over by a herd of reindeer.  I’ve been in minor shock this whole time!”  I mockingly put a hand to my forehead and staggered a little.  “I think it’s hitting me all at once…I need to rest…”
“Shut up, Kai.”  Standing, Zack winked at me again.  He reached for his watch.  “I know someone who’d love to buy this pyramid…”

I dove toward him, but I was too late.  The nausea hit me again.  I vowed to kill him when we landed.
---------
Woot woot!
What did you think of my melting pot mixer?  I liked it, kinda wanna expound on the idea of hitchhiking on lightstreaks.  We shall see.
*gives myself an A+ for using a Tennantgif™*
Please comment!
See you soon!
~~Zoë Wingfeather

No comments:

Post a Comment