Christmas: Day 1

~ ~ On the first day of christmas my true love gave to me a partridge in a pear tree. ~ ~


     I was delighted when I received the gift. Pears were my absolute favorite fruit. I thanked my love for thinking of me, and because my backyard was a four-by-four-foot square of a sorry excuse for grass, I put the pear tree in my kitchen. I wasn’t sure how well it would grow inside, but if it bore fruit, hey, free pears. The partridge, however, was a different matter. The partridge confused me. Why did he give me a partridge? What was I supposed to do with a partridge? I supposed I could go to a park late at night and release it into the wild. It might get along with the pigeons and doves. Still, I wasn’t sure how long a partridge would survive in New York City. I figured I would get all sorts of funny looks if I gave it to the pound--apparently partridges are native to the eastern hemisphere--where and how did he get this thing, anyway?--so I opted to go buy a bird cage and see if I was any good at raising partridges as pets.

---------
I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas and ate lots of good food :)
As I mentioned in a former post, the short series inspired by the Twelve Days of Christmas will be posted on the twelve days of Christmas. Shockingly enough.
The main character gets much more confused as the story goes on. It's quite hilarious, actually. Anyways, I'm about to leave to go eat some more good food (Italian!), so I'll see you guys tomorrow!
~~Zoë Wingfeather

No comments:

Post a Comment